Song database corrupted

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adam_thpk, Jul 11, 2008.

1. adam_thpk

adam_thpk New Member

I have a 32GB Touch that when I go to a certain CD cover, flip it to see the songs, it shows about 200 songs off of various other CDs. I have tried to do a restore/resync but it is still there. I suspect the "database" in iTunes is corrupt. Is there any way to rebuild the database without having to redo all my work of inserting artwork graphics? BTW, none of my songs are iTune bought so I don't have to worry about keeping track of any purchases (other than 1.1.3 > 1.1.4 upgrade)

Running 1.1.4 stock
  2. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Doubt it is corrupted. Look inside the album folder to check if there are lots more songs in there. You may have dragged some albums in there...
  3. adam_thpk

adam_thpk New Member

It appears that because a number of CD are titled Greatest Hits, for some reason, itunes is lumping them together. I will research this some more.

BTW, the files are not in one folder, I am suspecting the above issue...it has been my only real lead so far. All the songs are from "Greatest Hits" albums.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    For anyone that experiences this. I have confirmed this. Because the album names were all "Greatest Hits", iTunes sorted them so that all the songs from all the "Greatest Hits" albums would show up under any of the "Greatest Hits" lists. Why, I don't know. You would think that the software would be smart enough to use the Artists tagfield to make sure it sorted them correctly.

All I can tell you is that I renamed the album names to something like "GNR Greatest Hits" and it worked great.
  4. Th3M4xX

Th3M4xX New Member

Bump!
    Since your topic is "Song database Corrupted"..
    I'm experiencing something weird.. Have you ever listened to a scratched CD? Do you remember how it goes back and forth trying to skip the scratch?..
    Well that's basically what's going on..

The MP3s have been ripped out of original CDs that I've purchased at the time of their respective releases and the IPod database used to work just fine.. Also the MP3s stored in my HD play just fine without any skip or error.. The problem came up after I've added a new album that I purchased last month. pushing the MP3 database from 2gb to 2.6 gb..

I've tried to synch with an empty playlist so all MP3 go away and a new database could be created... but that didn't fix it..
    I'm running Ver 3.1.2 (7D11) on a model MB528E

I am considering to upgrade to 4.x
    Should I do that?

Can you think about any other workaround?

Thanks!
  5. Th3M4xX

Th3M4xX New Member

Bump!
    HELP!! there is no other thread related to this issue and I'm still trying not to open a new one
  6. Th3M4xX

Th3M4xX New Member

Well.. I've even tried 1800 My APPLE..
    DOn't know why.. since all they do is say.. Did you try to restore?
    Try to restore now..

I would you Dumb **** but Itunes creates only 1 back up.. and by default it does exactly that every time you plug it in.. (and I found about that just now)..
    So I have no restore point..
    Besides.. Its also trying to shovel me O.S. 4.1 which I wont be able to jail break...

ANY Help... thoughts or comments are appreciated..

Thanks!