Somthings up, but what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nevertomorrow, Apr 20, 2009.

1. nevertomorrow

nevertomorrow New Member

Hello,

I have cut this down to as less as I can to make it nice a quick.

When I plug in my Ipod touch into my laptop the apple logo comes up on the screen then i see the itunes logo telling me to plug it into iTunes "Or what ever" it is really dark and hard to see. It shows up in iTunes and says to Restore it so i do and then the Apple logo shows up on the Ipod Touch and then goes and on the laptop i get a error (Can't remember what error it was tho)... I unplug it and plug it back in and same thing happens, me being me i get annoyed and leave it on the side... I come back 30 mins later and press and hole the home and power button for 10 seconds and bla bla bla then it come up with a battery icon and it was at 10% plug it into my laptop and it restores and works fine from there... I let it charge up over night and then i take it off charge... All fine battery lasts along time untill i stop using it when i press the sleep button and comeback to it 5 mins later it doesn't come back on then the apple logo shows really dark and tell me to connect to iTunes so i do and then it says it's in Restore Mode again. I managed to leave it for the battery to come up (Long time) and then plug it back in again. I then thought hmm il try it one more time and bam it started doing it again.

How do you think I can stop this because it can't be the battery if it comes up on the screen saying connect to iTunes but really dark, can it?? Or is it a software problem??

It is a Ipod Touch 1G and had 2.2.1 firmware on it but now it's started doing this is is not usable so i dunno if it still running any firmware.

please help im begging you thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Hm, try restoring to your own firmware via DFU mode to be sure that uts not a software thing, and, if that fails, seek repairs

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. nevertomorrow

nevertomorrow New Member

Hmm is DFU mode where u press the home button then plug it in keeping hold of the home button??? coz if it is i just done it and again... the battery come up and it's really low im now waiting for it to charge before i restore it... any software you recommend (firmware)
  4. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    2.2.1 for the 2g

DFU is holding home and power for 10 seconds then releasing the power and hold the home for an additional 8
  5. nevertomorrow

nevertomorrow New Member

Yes this is what I do and the apple logo comes up really dark and then the connect to itunes logo comes up really dark untill i get a low baterry then i start it up when the batery is at 10% and it slows the batery icon really bright (like it should be)

that's what im making this post about because when it gose like that i can't stop it.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try charging it form a wall charger. You should be able to charge up fully. If not you very probably have a hardware issue. In this case ı would wager it is either the com port or the ribbon cable from the com port (usually replaced as a single piece when repaired). It could also be a battery issue and if you are very unlucky you may have a damaged logic board.

Good luck.