Somthing I've wanted to get off my chest

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by holbikwolff10, Dec 31, 2009.

1. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's a little late, but I've wanted to say this for a while. When Apple released the 3G iPod Touch and some people got angry, those who didn't get angry said things like "Just because they didn't put in what you said they should doesn't mean you should be angry. They never told you they would."
    This makes sense, but it is irrelevant. Nobody was angry about the camera specifically. We were angry at Apple's statement as to why there wasn't a camera: The iPoT was now being viewed as a window to the App Store, rather than the high-end device it originally was.
    They wanted people to spend money in the App Store, but they need to get there first, so Apple made the new iPod Touch cheaply so that they could sell it for a low price.
    Normally this wouldn't be annoying. Price cut? Great! But not at the cost of quality. The iPod Touch was released as a high-end device. People paid the original $300+ price tag because of this. It was what made the Touch the Touch.
    Now, they are instead focusing on making it like every other one. Affordable. It's still the most expensive iPod, but not by so much. And the worst part is now we have to compromise on features. You can get a camera and FM radio, but then you won't have Internet and the App Store. And there is no new alternative that packs all the features. You have no choice but to compromise.
    Now you can say what you want, but you absolutely have to admit that when the original Touch came out, you didn't have to compromise. The top-price iPod had all the features of those below it, and the ones that made it top-price. Now, you have to chose between one of the two.
  2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    If you want a camera so bad, buy a camcorder.
    If you want FM radio SO bad, buy a pocket radio
    Apple has their reasons for everything.
    And, by the way, the Touch 2 and 2g are supposed to be getting FM radio functionality.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Originally, I was angry, thinking that the iPod touch 3rd generation had been cheated out of the iPhone 3G's (decent) camera (as far as phone cameras go, anyways).

Then, when it came out that the iPod touch 3rd Generation wouldn't have had that camera, but the one on the iPod Nano, it became clear: I didn't want a piece of crap, useless camera on my iPod. I knew it wouldn't be something I'd use (I have 3 regular camera; 1 DSLR, and 2 point-and-shoots, which are extremely pocketable). Obviously, if you buy an iPod touch, you don't mind carrying more than one device (iPod + Cellphone), so really with all these thin POS (point-and-shoot

Please Register or Log in to view images

) that will offer 10 times better picture clarity, it shouldn't be a big deal.

A good pictures is worth a thousand words; a bad pictures says nothing.
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    This.
  5. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    :O I've gotten 2/3 "This." quotes in the last 2 days.
    I feel well informed.
  6. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Haha, You just must be making thought-filled comments.
    (Sadly many people have lost that talent)
    Also, as JKK says:
    A good pictures is worth a thousand words; a bad pictures says nothing.
  7. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Actually, I don't make that many thought filled comments...
    Just many common sense filled ones.
    That's the lacking quality now adays.
  8. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Have a point there.
    Off topic, woah, you joined one day after me, and JKK joined the day before me, ROFL.

And to the OP, nice sig.
  9. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    There might be FM in 4.0 so just wait. A camera might come with the 4 gen iPod touch.
  10. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Wierd, Wierder, and yes that is quite amazing haha I love that
    Or when people say "Omg its just online its not english clas u dont need perfect speling"