Somewhat serious App idea

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nyrhonr88, Dec 22, 2007.

1. nyrhonr88

nyrhonr88 New Member

I was just watching a commercial for that leveler and was thinking "well, the iPoT has the accelerometer, I'm sure a leveling app could be made for it. I kind of laughed at my own idea then got somewhat serious about it. It could definetly work. Just pop it out of your pocket and then place it on top of a painting to see how straight it is. Of course it would have to be ridiculously accurate, but I have all the trust in the world it could be done.
  2. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

look for iLevel in the Installer
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Yeah, like he said, there's already an app that does the exact same thing.... lol, I'm not sure if it's that accurate though.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried it before hanging a picture, and it seemed accurate enough to me.
  5. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there is also a level app that I think is better then ilevel check installer
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's just called "Level." It's part of the iApp-a-Day repo, and yes, it works okay, though since the accelerometer isn't that accurate or stable, Level doesn't work 100%. It'll do about as well as your eyes though. (i.e. "Yeah, that looks pretty straight.")
  7. nyrhonr88

nyrhonr88 New Member

Dang, the one time I have a good idea. Oh well, back to brainstorming. Next time I'll check if it exists. Thanks.