Something's definitely wrong...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by d00m42, Nov 12, 2007.

1. d00m42

d00m42 Member

So I have had fun hacking the 1.1.1 firmware, and decided why not have 1.1.2, seeing people have said its faster, better, etc. Having previously followed ipodtouchmaster's guides on youtube, I started from the point where I was. I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod, so I installed OktoPrep and then dl-ed the 1.1.2 firmware. I shift clicked the check for updates, and installed it. Now when its done, itunes reads it fine, except on the slide to unlock screen, it freezes and gives the little loading wheel, then makes a beep sound. It indefinitely repeats this cycle. I have tried to install it again, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for help

EDIT: Tried a different 1.1.2 firmware file, but that didn't work. I also tried quickly sliding the slide to unlock switch before it went into the freeze cycle, and the same loading wheel appeared on a blank back background.
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

please if someone could help me think of something, because i dont think its good to keep letting it go through this cycle, and i cant turn it off. id rather not restore it
  3. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should try restoring the ipod touch and then jail break the ipod using :

www.jailbreakme.com

and then only install oktoprep.app

and then updating to firmwire 1.1.2

personly i see know need to update to that firmwire.

hope this has helped
  4. d00m42

d00m42 Member

ok i just restored to 1.1.2, so ill try downgrading to 1.1.1, then following your instructions, ill post when im done
  5. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

If restoring doesnt work, just stick with 1.1.1 untill a full working jailbreak is avalable
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

I restored to 1.1.1, and used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it. however installer is taking an awful long time to check sources, that hasnt happened before

EDIT: it eventually it worked. i installed oktoprep, and i am about to upgrade to 1.1.2

SECOND EDIT: The upgrade to 1.1.2 worked fine when i ONLY installed oktoprep, and now i am going to try and jailbreak 1.1.2

THIRD EDIT: Well all is well, I have a jailbroken 16 gig touch with 1.1.2. now time to install all the apps. thanks to those who helped.