Something wrong with the onscreen keyboard.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by renzo69691, Dec 1, 2007.

1. renzo69691

renzo69691 New Member

Hey i just wonderd if anyone else was having problems with their keyboard i try and type

"you're" and it wont let me hit the E it just hits the r over and over or the s seems to be

some type of glitch i let apple know about it they told me i would have to wait for a update

and they would like to know if anyone else is having this problem so all who have it please

post what it is here and you should let apple know so they can fix it.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't have this problem here.

Could you give more details, like what the language of your keyboard is?
    It's not the auto-correct feature, right? Or do you see the suggestion tiptool?
  3. renzo69691

renzo69691 New Member

Yes i do see the tip tool and its in English it only does this in upright mode

seems to be ok in landscape mode but when i try and type out "you're" and i try and hit

the E after "your" it just keeps hitting the r and i am hitting right on the E i never had this

problem before seems to just have started so its weird sometime it will even go as far as

to hit the S key did try and fully restore did not work
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you already restored it, it should rule out a possible corrupted system file.

Running out of ideas... Maybe install Sketches and check if that particular zone of the touch pad is behaving correctly, where the 'E' is in portrait mode.