Something REALLY weird

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChaosSorcerer91, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ChaosSorcerer91

ChaosSorcerer91 New Member

A) Sorry if this has already been discovered, I just want an explanation.
    B) Sorry if this is the wrong section, I just want an explanation.

Ok. I discovered this strange phenomena the other day and tested it on my friend's iPod and it does the same thing. I am on a jailbreaked 1.1.3 iPod (and I do have the iPod firmware, not the iPhone firmware that you get from changing the name of something or other). I jailbreaked it using the unofficial method, but my mate did it with the official installer method and it still does the same thing.

Basically, if you double-tap the home button then the mini music player comes up, right? Well, what I find is that if I play a track and go into the "Now Playing" screen and THEN double-tap the home button, I find the screen disappears and what should pop up but the PHONE! Yes, the phone! The iPhone phone!

Why does this happen? Does this happen for others? Is it just for 1.1.3 firmware? Is it a glitch in the 1.1.3 jailbreak? Does it happen for you?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope doesnt happen for me. Which jailbreak did you use?

I used to have this problem btw but after using the official jailbreak and putting the firmware file in manually it stopped.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's bizarre. I know that some early jailbreaks made the iPod think it was an iPhone, but I haven't heard of anything like this happening.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

That is bizarre.
    I don't think that should happen.
    Is the phone even in your applications folder?