Something is wrong with my iPod Touch :/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TegaJ, Jan 7, 2010.

1. TegaJ

TegaJ New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Okay so I have a 3rd generation ipod with a 3.1.2 firmware on it. Yesterday I plugged my iPod into my laptop because i needed to charge it but my computer or itunes would not recognize it so i couldnt charge it. I tried all three of my ports and none worked. So I went to my wii olugged it in and it started charging. Then once it was done i was chatting on it and on my facebook and twitter and the battery runs out a few hours later so i go to plug it into my laptop just to see if it will be recognized and nada on all three ports. so i go back to the wii and still nada, same results on my brothers desktop, then i go to my mom's laptop and i reset my ipod by pressing the home and sleep buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds. then something pops up and says device not recognized so and the charge symbol comes on my ipod so then my mom restores my ipod because itunes came up and said you should restore this ipod because it can't be synced or something like that. so she restores it and after that it stops charging and isn't recognized anymore. I went to google and looked up searches on "nothing will recognize my iPod Touch" but nothing seemed to work. Now my iPod is completely dead and I can't do anything on it. What do I do??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    someone please help!
  2. dancerdudes

dancerdudes Active Member

Feb 21, 2009
    My friend is having the same problem, I will have to take a look at it... but it really shouldn't be anything difficult...