Something a bit odd. iPhone caller on iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by DecompStar, Feb 11, 2008.

1. DecompStar

DecompStar New Member

Yesterday i was browsing my music, I tried to bring up the music controls by tapping the Home button twice, but it seemed that my iPod froze, so i pressed the homebutton a few more times. This made the Music Controls flash up and then close down, my CoverFlow closed aswell, but it opened what i think was the iPhone calling pad.

So naturally i had a snoop, it had contacts, and all the other stuff you would find, and when i pressed the calling buttons they made phone noises, obviously i couldn't actually call anyone.

Is this something that is already known? Is it to do with the 1.1.3 Jailbreak apps? Or is it just already on an iPod touch? And how the hell did i access it?
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

First of all, were you using Nate True's jailbreak (the iBrickr method), or a method based on the dev team version? If it's Nate's, then what happened is quite understandable, as you are effectively running iPhone firmware. However, since both software platforms are essentially the same, and it is possible to change a .plist file to make your iPod behave like an iPhone and vice versa, it is possible that this could have happened on either jailbreak, or indeed a non-jailbroken iPod.

Second of all, did this happen while you were browsing music using Cover Flow? If so, I've heard of this same thing happening before. You see, normally when you double tap the home button from Cover Flow, nothing happens at all. Perhaps your iPod got "confused", so in the end decided to make the phone controls pop up.
  3. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    did u ever install the iphone apps including the phone and sms....im curious...
  4. DecompStar

DecompStar New Member

I see.
    Yes i used the iBrickr method, and yes i was using Coverflow. So its maybe taken my input and used an iPhone output.

I installed the iPhone apps, but not SMS or Phone.
    It just seems odd that the call pad and even the sounds were there, like it was native to it. That's probably just something the iBrickr did though.
    Thanks guys!
  5. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    all the app pack methods change ur plist
    making ur ipod touch think it is an iphone
    so thsoe strings made that app appear
    while the ibrickr installed the phone and sms app hidden using the iphone firmware