someone please help me

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by killaone87, Jul 5, 2009.

1. killaone87

killaone87 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When jailbreaking 3.0 through redsn0w (every version) I get past 2 reboots and a white screen for 2 seconds and it says done!, but it clearly is not done. I am left with a illuminated black screen and have to restart my ipod and the whole process over and over again.
    this is so frustrating, ive tried different usb ports, widows vista and windows xp, every redsn0w version i have also restored my ipod numerous times, I just dont get it, what can be going wrong?

is there any other way to jailbreak without redsn0w? or am I eternally screwed?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Make sure icy isn't checked that causes most problems.
  3. killaone87

killaone87 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its not checked this is driving me crazy im going to cry =(
  4. youuishype

youuishype New Member

idk if this is the right thread for this but i have a 1G ipod touch running 3.0 jailbroken. it was giving me problems and now my usb port is kind of messed up so i have to move the wire so it can connect, it stopped syncing also im guessing from a weak connection due to the port being damaged now. so i wanted to restore it so i can take it back to the apple store and ive tried restoring DFU mode, recovery mode. only FM 3.0 and 2.2.1 ive tried and when i get to the status bar it doesnt move and i get error 20. im now on my laptop as i was told to try on another pc. got the same thing but when i tried 3.0 it stood longer then i got error 1603 with a black screen, now im back to where im stuck at on recovery mode. i had 8.1 itunes on my laptop and now 8.2 which im going to try again. but if anyone can please tell me how to solve this problem i will gladly appreciate it thanks.
  5. ascasc

ascasc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try restoring to firmware 2.2 then try again. When it says it's done let it sit for a while 10-15 min. The ipod should have rebooted and be on the home screen. I had a similar problem
  6. youuishype

youuishype New Member

but im on 1st gen ipod touch, isnt 2.2 only for 2nd gen?
  7. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No need for that. You could try not even checking cydia and rejailbreaking or restoring to a fresh 3.0 with no apps. There is Quickfreedom 2.0 beta out but ive heard bad things. Redtool will be out eventually. You could restore and wait but try redsn0w .7.1 or .7.2. .7.1 worked great
  8. killaone87

killaone87 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have tried restoring to 3.0 freshly, and starting it up as a new ipod, only stock apps. same thing, I have also tired 7.1 and 7.2, same thing..I guess Im going to just try and reboot back to 2.2.1, I dont think I am going to get any luck, I just dont see how this is happening Ive never had any problems jailbreaking before, i have jailbroke every firmware I have ever run..ughh =(
  9. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try Quickfreedom http://bit.ly/nN1M1 . Are you locating the 3.0 firmware in the begging not the 2.2.1 firmware that could be your problem
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Are you also off and plugged in when you try to jailbreak
  10. killaone87

killaone87 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah i am locating the 3.0.ipsw
    I believe I am doing everything correctly, Ive been trying for a few days now lol..I am downlaoding quick freedom now, I never heard of it but Ill give it a run and let you know what happens.
    thank you, and btw NICE AVATAR.. I LOVE HER!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok it just said it cant use the firmware I selected..maybe something did go wrong with the firmware, I am curently deleting the firmware from the folder and downloading a new ipsw file, hopefully this will work