someone make pictochat!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by frightenedcow, Jun 24, 2008.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the iPod touch needs an app that can comunicate with any nintendo DS using pictochat. I'm pretty sure that the DS uses wifi to pictochat. Well, dosent the iPod touch use wifi? Of course it does. Will any iPod touch app maker make an app that you can select your chat room and that it will trick the DS into thinking that it has found another DS to comunicate with. I have more friends with DSs than with iPod touches. It would be amazing to be able to chat. Also, the app needs to be able to use the keyboard just as the DS does. I think that it would be better if the message area were viewed in landscape mode because I think that that is how the DS views the recieved message. If anyone who can write third party apps for the iPod reads this will you please do it. Or if anyone knows of something simmilar then please reply.
  2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

even better, mobilechat, or maybe colloq?
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or maybe it doesn't use WiFi to do pictochat.. possibly IR? hmm that might throw a monkey wrench into the works.
  4. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

Noooo, it doesn't use WiFi or IR to connect to other DS, but it uses LAN which is similar to WiFi- not sure if the iPod supports it though.

It wouldn't really even be that useful though. Pictochat isn't WiFi, so you'd have to be within talking distance to chat anyone. If possible though, I'd use it, just cause it'd be cool... >.>
  5. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmmm. That sucks. I thought that I had something going there. What can ipod wifi do besides conect to an access point for the Internet?
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LAN Stands for Local Area Network. The iPod doesn't "join" a network like a normal PC, or like standard OS X. It simply leeches onto the WiFi for internet. You could probably still use the Drop Copy kinda deal, which is where it actually connects iPod to iPod Over WiFi, but I don't see the point.
  7. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that would be cool; to be able to link two iPods. I duno how well this "drop code" thingy of your works but I am interested.
  8. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey! I just remembered playing a DS game against a friend wirelessly. Is that infared? I also remember being told that you can buy a special card for the DS to "leech" onto a LAN and be able to browse the internet right on the gameboy screen(s).
  9. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    for this to work someone would need to reverse engineer the pictochat protocol aside from that the ipod has all the appropriate hardware