Someone i need help with installer!!! URGENT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vgamedude, May 22, 2008.

1. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

Ok i updated installer to the latest everything was fine i rebooted my ipod touch 16g and i turned it back on. I go to installer i click on it and then..... it crashes to home! every single time i click on installer it will stay at a white screen for 25 seconds or so then crash to home! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Have you not installed BossTool yet and moved you fonts, ringtones, and apps? Sounds like the smaller partition on the ipod if full!
  3. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

no but why did it just start doing this?
    it worked fine with the previous installer version.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well the partition is going to fill up eventually, it could be a bigger app and maxed it out. You will need to ssh into your ipod now and delete a few apps, install BossTool, move those three things. It will create a symlink and move your apps so it doesn't fill up again.
  5. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

I'll try it tommorow I'll keep u updated.
  6. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

ok i deleted street flow and graffite and gta advance for gba emulator off of ssh and still no dice.

im still getting crashed to the home screen.

maybe if someone could give me a manual way to put bosstool on my ipod. like ssh it into my ipod?
  7. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Try this with Finder:-

Open finder, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Installer and press RemotePackages.plist when it is blue press Modify.

Now you have a new page up, press on the Filename RemotePackages.plist and the keypad should pop up. Now you can type at the end of RemotePackages.plist.old then press above filename to get rid of keypad, press on done at the button.

Go back to home screen and try to launch installer (Make sure wifi is on and connected)

Or do the same through SSH if you have that. It seems to have happened to quite a few people when they install the latest installer version, RemotePackages.plist has become currupt in some way and causes installer to crash. If you delete it when you next run installer it will create a new version.
  8. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    here is 1 way to fix this.

SSH and delete every file called installer exept for the ones ending in .png

after that go into Ziphone and "rejailbreak" and you will get a fresh copy of installer.

no, this will not delete any media or apps.

if you have any questions pm me.

i hade the same problem so i tryed this already. i rarely tell people to do something that i have not done myself.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  10. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

does that plist thing really work because thats sounds like the safest thing to do

Please Register or Log in to view images