Someone help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Digital Disasta, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Digital Disasta

Digital Disasta New Member

Ok so I have 1.1.2 firmware and I've had it since the JB was released. I have installed a few apps and emus but nothing in the past few weeks. I have been able to SSH into my iPod, download themes through installer, and browse the web without any problems.

I installed intaller 3 the other day and since then everything has gotten funny. I cant update my sources, I cant SSH into my iPod, but I can still browse the web, it's really strange. I realized this when I couldn't download any new sources so I tried deleting them all and just using the apptapp source, but it just hangs on checking sources. I then tried to SSH into my iPod to reinstall the installer.app but realized that I cant connect to it anymore, it gives me a time out error. I was trying for a while yesterday to figure out what was wrong but couldnt come up with anything. I dont want to do a restore, but if I really have to, I guess I will. I would like to see if anyone has any suggestions first. Any ideas?
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    do you have services or a similar app installed? Maybe you have acidentally turned off SSH if not there are other ways of getting into your iPod without SSH. I think iphuc is one of them just search the forum and you'll find it.
    Ali
  3. Digital Disasta

Yeah I have services installed, but everything is the way it's supposed to be. After trying about 6 or 7 times, if finally connected with SSH, but it was EXTREMELY slow. I tried uploading something but it kept timing out. IDK what to do. I don't want to do a restore, I want to stay 1.1.2.
  4. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try iBrickr just download it and use the file section to move your files around.

Ali
    Rep me if this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iPodTouchNiNjA

iPodTouchNiNjA New Member

The problem your having is that you ipod isn't updating installer like it should have so you to manually do that and if you can't just jailbreak 1.1.3 watch my video on my youtube! I'm uploading all my videos right now so it might not be up right now but it will be later tonight!

P.S. to maually update in stall comunity sources 3.3 and then look for the app installer!
  6. Digital Disasta

idk im still trying to figure this out. my sources wont update...it jus sits there. i connected to the ihack.us source and now i have all these sources...but they wont update...this is really strange
  7. Digital Disasta

I figured it out. I was my router believe it or not that was causing the problem. My dumbass roomate was playing with the settings and put the transfer rate down to 1.1....I overherd him complaining about how slow his laptop was and it clicked in my head "let me check the router settings". Sure enough I checked em out and while he was playing with it, he switched the transfer rate....What a dumbass