someone help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qblake, Sep 4, 2008.

1. qblake

qblake New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so, i'm doing my thing and then the home button stops working. I try to restore and it doesen't work. Then I try to boot in to recovery mode using iliberty+ and boot back out, still doesen't work, finaly I try to boot to DFU mode to upgrade to 2.0, once I am in DFU mode the screen turns red, Itunes and iliberty don't see it, the power button dosen't do anything im stuck in the red screen with no way out(so much for the iphone kill swith video, eh ty?
    If you have any sugestions please post thanks

P.S. Does anyone think it is a ram disk overload?
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HMMM Ram Disk Overload... I don't even know so I'll skip that one...There is another thread that explains this. I'll look forit and let ya know. But most likely if it's not a tech problem. Then Your gonna need a new iPod. I would just wait till the new one comes out.
  3. qblake

qblake New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    anyone else?
  4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    well if none of the buttons work then id say your carrying a big brick.
  5. qblake

qblake New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got it to boot, I left it overnight and the battery died. Then I charged it and there it was in recovery mode. I restored it and I am going to send it to apple. What you were saying about the big brick? thanks

P.S Sorry Ty
  6. qblake

qblake New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    help again

now it is stuck in recovery mode and when I restore I get an error so it probably doesen't have any brains. And it won't let me kick out of recovery mode. Sending it to apple, if any of you object post now or forever hold your peace (har har har)
  7. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

try hold home but and power till it dy enter dfu with iliberty then restore íf u cant ur in deep sh*t!
  9. qblake

qblake New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sent it in to apple and they did'nt find out I jailbroke it. How do I know that?, just got a new one from apple 30 minutes ago. Suprisingly, It came with 1.1.5 firmware. And it wanted me to update to 2.1 which is not jailbreakable. So I shift-click update, select the 2.0.2 ipsw, and hit enter, 1 minute later there was a error 6 and the ipod was in restore mode. Here comes the weird part, I hit restore thinking it would be at 2.1, but... it was at 2.0.2, weird, also, anyone who is looking for comic relief from a bricked iphone click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqKsX2cgrS8&feature=related

and/or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlArHgTlu2o&feature=related