Someone Help Me Fast Please...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linkinlistener, Feb 27, 2008.

1. linkinlistener

linkinlistener New Member

I would like to get this finished tonight...

So, i'm jailbreaking a friend's ipod touch for him. I would like to extract/backup the music on it befoe i jailbreak it because it will wipe everything off. What do I do? How? Total Commander isn't able to ssh into it, is that becuase it must be jailbroken first?

IS THERE A WAY TO EXCTRACT FILES OF THE IPOD BEFOR EIT IS JAILBROKEN?!
  2. elrey23

elrey23 New Member

It will erase the files but don't you have hard backup copies? What is Itunes using to sync against when you sync the Ipod in the first place. Just jailbreak it, resync the folder you have it synced with before and resync the ipod, end of story
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Get Manzana (apple in spanish) available here. But you are goin to need to copy iTunesMobileDevice.dll from your drive at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\ and put in the same directory as where you extracted Manzana. Then copy the ENTIRE iTunes_Control folder (I think thats what its called). That will keep all music and stuff. then just put it back to put the music back on it.
  4. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just sync it again on the original computer. Theres no way to extract them without jailbreaking.
  5. linkinlistener

linkinlistener New Member

THIS IS A FRIEND'S IPOD. HE DELETED ALL THE MUSIC FROM HIS COMPUTER. HE JUST DRAG AND DROPS MUSIC ON TO IT WHEN HE DL'S MUSIC.

IS THEIR A WAY TO EXTRAC THE MUSIC OFF OF IT? BEFORE JAILBREAKING?