Someone buying my 2G, what do I need to do for them?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by digitalduck, Jun 15, 2009.

1. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

So someone is buying my Ipod Touch 2g 16GB... I have a lot of games etc on it but what can I do to make the sale easier for them? Can I de-authorize the ipod on my pc etc but will that just enable to to transfer items on it? Or will it let them remove the items on it also?

She says she likes games etc, but will she ever be able to transfer the gmaes to her pc? OR if she restores are they lost..

Thanks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    She will never be able to transfer apps, and purchased music unless you give her you iTunes account which is usually a bad idea. The apps will function until she restores. However, I think it is unwise to send a non-restore iPod. There could be some personal information store on you iPod waiting to be found.
  3. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

True, true..well i can remove my mai laccoutn and any notes there-in..she said games woudl be cool so ill jsut have to tell her she can use it as long as she doesnt restore.. ..however, can she sync and put new items on it also?
  4. noced

noced New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can first do a restore to clear out your iDevice, and then sync only the apps onto the iDevice. Your buyer will have to disable automatic app syncing or all the apps will be gone. I'm not sure if she can add new apps. I sold my previous iTouch this way. My buyer did not give me any feedback on this though.

Let me think aloud on this:
    When she plugs in her iDevice into iTunes, iTunes detects an iDevice chock full of applications that are not found locally in the iTunes Application library. If she:

enables All Apps syncing, iTunes will ask if she would like to transfer them and will most likely prompt for the iTunes account used to purchase those apps. Common sense dictates that you do not give her your iTunes account and thus if she continues syncing, she will lose all your apps (they cannot be transferred without iTunes account verification).

enables Selected Apps syncing, ..., well, I just tested it out on my iTouch and iTunes gives the same message as the above case: "iTunes has found purchased items on the iPod "iPod" that are not present in your iTunes library. Do you want to transfer these items from this iPod back to your iTunes library? If you do not transfer these purchased items to your iTunes library, they will be removed from the iPod." Thus, I guess it's inevitable that your apps will be lost.

The conclusion? Just don't check the Sync Applications checkbox. If she wants her own applications on the iDevice while keeping yours, drag and drop her own applications from her library onto the iDevice when it's plugged in.

If that still doesn't work, there's still SSH to solve the problem. =)
  5. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Thanks, makes sense