Some Suggestions for Developers of Cydia Apps - Compatibility for 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by ManBeast, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ManBeast

ManBeast New Member

Just some quick suggestions to all developers of apps that require 2.2.1 firmware in order to run.

-If you can, check if your apps function the same on 3.0 as they do on 2.2.1. (Obviously, that requires jailbreaking the 3.0 firmware on any device except the iPod touch 2nd Generation.)

-If they do not work, then I suggest you start doing whatever necessary to make it function.

I'm suggesting these things because when the final release of 3.0 is out, it would be nice to have some of the apps in Cydia working on 3.0. Which is unlike now, where almost all of those apps are non-functioning; and most people just downgrade back to 2.2.1.

You really REALLY do not have to do these things in anyway if you don't want to, but it would be nice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks.
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most developers are already focusing on making their stuff work with 3.0, and they've probably been doing it since Apple seeded the first beta. They know what they need to do.
  3. ManBeast

ManBeast New Member

Just making sure

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If i had a app that wasn't working i'd be fixing it while the betas are out before the release so i could release a stable build compatible with 3.0 for the public.

Off-topic : Wonder if customize will get ported to 3.0 hahaha