some stuff about the 2.0 upgrade and the old days of 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by bubblesrox, Jul 25, 2008.

1. bubblesrox

bubblesrox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i remember the good old days when jailbroken ipod touch was running 1.1.4, then the SDK came, 2.0 was released and i was left in a pickle, to upgrade and louse all that, or stay in the dark of no app store and 1.1.4.

so i backed up all my 1.1.4 apps via ssh, upgraded and left all that behind, the apps store is great, awesome stuff (super monkey ball springs to mind) but sometimes u just miss the old jailbreak apps.

so let's get the best of both worlds, i've long been wondering is it possible and i think i have the solution, if anyone remembers there was a installer source (i forget what it was) that gave a 1.1.4/1.1.3 compatibility patch that allowed u to run 1.1.3 apps on 1.1.4, what if you could do that with 1.1.4/2.0?

i know that there is a method of jailbreaking 2.0 with winpwn or something but i haven't had a chance to test it.
    but my overall question is that is there a way of getting installer and cydia and all my old 1.1.4 apps running alongside the new joys of 2.0.
    and if there is not yet a way of doing that i put the call out to developers do make a way.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You posted this in the wrong section. In case you have a little trouble reading the forum page, the section is called 2.0 jailbreak. All jailbreak things go there.
  3. KaMikA

KaMikA New Member

2.0 has different frameworks then 1.1.4 so NO you cannot get 1.1.4 apps on running on 2.0 until they are ported.
  4. bubblesrox

bubblesrox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

so? didn't 1.1.3 have different frameworks then 1.1.4 (i dunno i'm no expert) and they still managed to get 1.1.3 apps on 1.1.4.
    is there maybe a way to trick the apps into thinking their on a 1.1.4 framework when they are on a 2.0?
    is it just impossible and i should shut up?

5. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The apps ALL have to be ported to 2.0 from 1.1.4. Now doing this isn't that easy, and the current Installer being made ( Installer 4.0 ) will be more jailbreak friendly. Once installer is out there won't be too many apps out but there will be some.

People are trying to port there apps, we just all have to wait thats all.
  6. bubblesrox

bubblesrox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, so looks like there is no easy way to go "poof" magic 1.1.4 apps on 2.0, so how do i do it DIY, can i personally port the apps? is there a way to use the sdk and the backups of the apps or somthing to change the app from 1.1.4 to 2.0? or does the apps original developer have to remake and release the app again?
  7. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    id just wait for the "professional" devs to port apps.

i dont think its easy stuff

8. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's easy, it's only needs some code changes :> And "installer"... is only an installer ;p

APi differences are not only problem :> if you speak about app like customize, even if 2.0 had same API as 1.1.4, those apps need to be updated anyway, because of system structure differences :>