Some Silly-ish questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jackdasplat, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Jackdasplat

Jackdasplat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I'm getting my iPod Touch soon and was just wondering-

1) Are the iPod 8GBs currently being sold at Apple 2G?
    2) This is silly but I just wanted to clarify, Jailbreaking changes the software, so it doesnt matter what software if already has on it?
    3) Before jailbreaking, do you need to Sync to iTunes?
    4) Before jailbreaking, is there ANYTHING you need to do? Or can you just Jailbreak it as soon as you get it?

And the last is more opinion-

If you could choose between a Refurbished (Not directly from Apple) iPod touch 2nd Generation 16GB or a New 2nd/3rd Generation 8GB, what one would you choose?

Cheers Guys
  2. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) i dot understand your question

2) You can jailbreak it right away, when you do, if you use blackra1n, oh, well, just use the search button

3) You can sync or not, its your choice

4)As I said earlier, you can jailbreak it right away

5) Id go for the 16 GB 2nd Gen, since the 3g 8gb and the 2g´s are the same in hardware, but the 2G, well, it has more space
  3. Jackdasplat

Jackdasplat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What I meant was, I'm not sure about anywhere else but in the UK, they are still selling the 8GBs and I'm not sure if they are 1st or 2nd Generation =/

And so, does it matter what software is on the iPod before you Jailbreak it? Because I understand some can't be broken and was just wondering how to find out the software?

And lastly (Lol) I'd rather go for the refurbished, just abit cautious of the 'Refurbished' bit lol
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Out of the new iPod touch, other than then 32 and 64GB models, there is also an 8GB version on sale in the shops... Maybe that is what you saw, with regards to the 8GB...

And IMO, I'll also go for the refurbished 16GB 2nd gen due to the storage space... In fact, my current iPoT is a 2G 16GB anyway!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Jackdasplat

Jackdasplat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Damn you, thats unfair

But yeah I wanna go for the 16GB 2G but I've no idea how long Apple will have it, how many they have and if they will take in more.

(Because they got sh*t all in the UK one =/ )

So, I'm trying to get the money together by sort of the week-end but I don't know if I'll have it all

6. Ant55

Ant55 New Member

16Gb iPod at Argos

Argos in Stretford have 16Gb iPod touches in stock.

They are 'managers specials' which, I think, means they are refurbished but do have 12 month warranty.

I bought two of them a couple of weeks ago - I think they were bout £155 each. They let you open the box before you buy them and they are completely pristine. I was dubious at first but I wouldn't have known they were not brand new - not a mark on them, completely unscratched - both of them. (Well they WERE unscratched until they had been in use for 24 hours!)
  7. Jackdasplat

Jackdasplat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol, what happened?

And yeah I'd buy those but I'm like an hour the other side of London LOL

Cheers anyway though
  8. Ant55

Ant55 New Member

The touch is absolutely fantabulous, but it seems like as soon as you take it out of the plastic case and hold it in your hands those scratches start to appear on the back.

No complaints as its a great device - infact I have had it for 3 weeks and have only just remembered that it plays MP3s!!
  9. Jackdasplat

Jackdasplat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol, that'll be me.
    Imma buy a skin-like cover for it tho, so I dont scratch the back (I hope)