Some questions from a soon to be first time mac user

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by 48days, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thought this forum would be a good place to start, I just turned 14 a got quite a bit of birthday money and I had a toss-up between getting an iMac or Kona Stinky, but I figure biking season is already almost over, I've only used Macs at school and at friends houses so I'm fairly familiar, but far from having them taking a permanent place in my computing world, so here I go:

-When will Snow Leopard be released? will it come with a price drop?

-Should buying a used mac be a good option for me? why? why not?

-iMac or MacBook? portability doesn't bother me, so it comes down to which will give me the most for my dollar?
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If your going to coll...lol w8 nvm, go for the iMac, snow leopard wont be released till next year( it aint going to be much different from leopard-as far as i know) and yes buying a Mac is good

oh and one more thing....... Lucky! I want a Mac soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad
  3. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Macs of any kind [have a sexual orientation--ed], believe me. over priced and all you get is a crappy Os that you can't do anything with and has like a new version of OS X every 5 months and don't forget your paying double because it has a plastic apple on the back

Please Register or Log in to view images

. But a Pc get double the power for the same or less money also, programs actually run on a PC!
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes good job mac are amazing epecially imacs. and yes Snow Leopard is a huge deal. this is going to be the best os ever because apple is redesigning it from the ground up so it is only capable w/ intel based macs. this os will be so stable it isn't even comprehensible. and not that this isn't a great fourms, but if u really want a good mac site try

123macmini