some questions from a noob-to-be

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by snowcruiser_91, Jul 27, 2008.

1. snowcruiser_91

snowcruiser_91 New Member

So, im on the brink of purchasing an ipod touch, and i can buy one new or used...

a couple questions that i haven't been quite able to get answers to:

1. what is the firmware i will most likely get on a new ipod touch, and can it be "jailbroken"?

2. are there any differences other than storage between the different ipod touch's?

3. if there is an important firmware to not exceed to jailbreak a touch, is there a way to buy a new touch and know if it has the newer firmware? such as a serial number change, etc...?

sorry for the questions that are probably common knowledge among the touch community....and thanks in advance for some answers!
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

You will probablu get 1.1.x and you can jailbreak it. You can also jailbreak 2.0. The storage does not really matter because an ipod touch is an ipod touch. 32 gb can be a little differemt when jailbreaking i believe. You should be set with whatever you buy., Let me know if you need any more help and i have a jailbreaking tutorial for 1.1.x firmwares...
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    1. 1.1.x and yes you san jailbreak that

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. i heard a rumor (form a semi-relyible source) that the 16GB had an internet lag but i don't no if it is true. also 32GB can be a little differant with jailbreaking.

3. all firmwares are jailbreakable.