some questions about the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ARUS, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ARUS

ARUS New Member

Hi,
    i´m ruminating whether to buy the iPod touch or not. I can get one for 180€ at eBay, but is the iPod touch worth buying it?
    Here are my questions:
    1.) It is simple for a pretty unexpected user like me to install some new apps like Mail or Calendar??
    2.) How long is the battery life of the Touch in real?
    3.) Do you think, that one day flash is available for the Safari browser?
    4.) Are you happy with your iPod touch? Would you buy the Touch once again?
    5.) What (essential) functions are missing?
    6.) If I read some reviews about the iPod touch, i always read the same stuff: it is to complicated to change the volume or to skip a song etc. It is really complicated?

Ok i hope you can give me helpful advice...
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

Well,

Mine cost £269 from an apple outlet and is deff worth the cash dude !

1, Apple will release updates but you can jailbreak if you want to get ahead of the game and install apps you like

2, If you just listen to music then expect to get 20'ish hours. If you use wifi alot then expect less. Rule of thumb is to remember to turn this off when not in use.

3, Time will tell, this is just the beginning of this generation.

4, Yes and yes. probably a bigger memory will be released.

5, People want to us e this as a pda too so applications to this function would certainly be an advantage.

6,No, by tapping the home button twice this function comes up to skip etc.

Go for the 16gb to allow more music to be carried around. i know some say the 16gb is not big enough for all their songs etc but i know many who have the higher yeild pods and still its not enough !

The video function is awesome. My only gripe is that uk i tunes wont allow films yet only music videos to be purchased and downloaded.

Some of the apple outlets have demo models to mess around with before you purchase.

You wont be disappointed.