Some questions about the ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Sorry if this has already been asked... but I don't have time to search through all the threads.

Firstly... if I have an Ipod touch, which is already synced with my computer, can both my Ipod Touch and my Ipad sync with the same computer(same music, same pictures, etc etc??) If it can't do that, I think it kinda defeats the purpose... since people want a handhelp ipod too... not just a 10" computer-ipod....

Also, why no camera? any ideas on if a camera version will appear?

Next, and lastly, why is it the iphone/ipod touch OS? Will there be one that runs a Snow Leopard type OS? And what about basic mac apps that come on a Mac Computer... Firefox, Ichat, Microsoft Word, Quicktime, etc etc etc...?

Thank you very much
  2. TDG

TDG Active Member

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to sync both devices. There's no restriction to how many devices you can have synced to a computer.

No camera. Apple decided not to put one in, and there won't be one with a camera anytime soon. You hope for it in future models though.

The OS is basically a blown-up version of iPhoneOS. Again, you can only hope in future models. On this version of the OS, you can have backgrounds, and they've added features such as iBook and iWork, which I heard are suppose to be pretty good. As far as I know, iMac/Macbook native apps aren't available on the iPad. But you can probably expect bigger, better apps than the iPhone on the iPad's App Store.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'm not sure why you want Microsoft Word and Firefox when you already have existing applications that are more optimized such as Pages and Safari.
  4. TDG

TDG Active Member

Especially when you have iWork ported on there.
  5. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks for the answers

Please Register or Log in to view images

How do you sync multiple devices? Maybe its because I haven't really checked out the new Itunes, but before I got my Ipod touch, I had another ipod. When I plugged in my ipod touch for the first time, it said something along the lines of "Do you want to sync everything to this new device, if you do, the next time you plug in your old ipod, everything will be deleted" or something like that. Like I couldn't use two Ipods at the same time, that both have the same songs, apps, pics, etc etc etc
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

That's because you didn't click the Manually Manage tickbox.