Some Questions about 2.0 and Stuck at the Boot Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Apple Guy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So, I have restored 3 times with jailbroken 2.0. I am currently unjailbroken right now.

First, I jailbroke 2.0 installed it and everything was fine. Then I synced all my apps, everything was fine still. I opened Cydia, updated it, Resprung, installed some apps, resprung. Then the wheel just kept spinning, and spinning. So I rebooted. I got stuck at the boot screen. Then I restored

Second, I jailbroke 2.0 and installed it again. I did everything again, except this time I got the apps to install. I installed NES and a few others. Then everything worked for a while. A couple days later I tried updating some apps and installing some others. And got stuck at the boot screen. So I had to restore.

Last, I made a new 2.0 restore image. And installed it. This time I installed BossPrefs and moved my Fonts. I could only move the fonts because Cydia moved the rest. So I installed some apps, and everything was working fine. I bought the game ShuffleBoard and was playing it until it froze. I rebooted and got stuck at the boot screen AGAIN!! So I tried the method of booting and waiting for the white boxes. This wouldn't work so I had to restore. This time I didn't jailbrake it.

My plan now is to wait until either someone finds out what is going on, or just wait for 2.1

Do any of you guys know why this is happening. On the first 2 tries you can wait a while on the boot screen, connect it to Windows and have iTunes recognize it. Also you can access it with Total Commander, via USB. All 3 times I had SSH disabled to save battery.

PLEASE HELP!!
  2. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have had to restore 8 times in 4 days
  3. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Hmm... try to avoid SSHing into your iPod then. Like, adding applications via SSH. Just download through Cydia. If Cydia is properly updated, yet your problems continue... then I just don't know. :[

Sorry.

---

EDIT: One more thing. Try to be "selective" with the applications you install. Follow what everyone says, downloading first and foremost, the updates to Cydia, followed by BossTools, etc. Try to do it by the book.
  4. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Search For my thread it'll help
  5. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I read your entire thread and I tried your method. It didn't work.

I did it by the book too
  6. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. ndsilcock

ndsilcock Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try this. Don't sync any app store apps. Then try using cydia to install packages. Install whatever you want from there and then sync apps from app store. If you want to install more cydia packages remove app store packages. This has worked for me. Before I did this I could only install like two packages from cydia. Then I would get frozen boot logo. I know this is pretty inefficient. Maybe somebody that's having this problem will come up with a better solution. To bad everybody is not having this problem. Maybe then a fix would come a little faster. Maybe it's just the buggy 2.0 firmware.
  8. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, I'm not going to jailbreak until 2.1 comes out. OR someone finds a fix for this