Some Photoshop help

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by GeneralDuctape, Jul 5, 2008.

1. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright so in the GuNSlinger Gaming Clan (one that I am in), a friend was asking me if I knew anything about photoshop... All I can really do is make sliders. So I came here in search of some tips/advice on the following question..

"basically I am looking for GOOD instructions on how to use keysets, like starting and stopping animation and making images go away after a set amount of time. I just started with it and it is CONFUSING AS HELL. Thanks a lot!
    Cripple"

Seeing as how there are a bunch of photoshop whizzes here, I thought I'd try here first. So any help is nice, and I'll let you know if the advice helped her at all!
  2. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i know how to use keyframes... on adobe after effects... i don't believe you can do animation on photoshop... i am not positive if you can or not though cause honestly i have had no need too.
  3. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you PM me any tips or anything so I can pass them on?
  4. crazyvisionz

crazyvisionz New Member

you can make animations using photoshop but they have to either be .gif files or if you have photoshop cs3 extended you can export in video for mat
  5. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i think the easiest way to make gif animations is in fireworks
  6. eternity

eternity New Member

yah, the animations in cs3 are limited. cs2 is better for it because it has an external animation feature... but i always use adobe after effects for any animations i might do
  7. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    imageready is the only way i know of to make animated stuff

to make something go away after x amount of time you just make the first frame have it at 100% opacity and then make a new frame where it's at 0% opacity and then tween them, and set delays and such

to make starting and stopping (moving?) stuff you just have the first frame at point A and the 2nd frame at point B and then tween them and set delays and such

and uh, if you tween them more it'll take longer to move or fade away, less it won't take very long and might look a bit choppy
  8. eternity

eternity New Member

if its just some simple animations, i would suggest looking into adobe flash cs3

it gives you tons of options, and adobe has a number of tutorials for it