iOS 4.0 Some OS 4.0 questions I have

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fireglo, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Fireglo

Fireglo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    1. There are dudes on forums et. al claiming to register my UUID for a minimal fee. Are these dudes trustworthy? Is this illegal?

2. This thread Run 4.0 Beta WITHOUT UDID registration claims that it's possible to run without registration. The chat is very technical and difficult to understand for simpletons like me so can someone tell me if it's possible and if there is an easy walkthrough guide somewhere online.

Thanks for help.
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. The developers get 99 device ID's they can register as their developer devices. But there's no way of telling if their trying to scam you.
    2. The thing they are doing is possible, but at the moment they can't find the encryption key for the file system. Once they get the key they can go into the file which itunes checks to see if the firmware is a beta and change it so it doesn't look like a beta firmware, therefore itunes won't check with the server.
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Actually they have the encryption key and can do all of that.

Still doesn't mean it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Sauce.
  4. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    1. It depends, some will actually register it for you and others won't. Your taking a risk with whoever you trust and give the money too...

2. It's possible, wait a few days maybe a week and google around for releases, downloads or blog posts... You might find it.