some one should make a sms app for ipodtouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by thorracing1, Feb 5, 2008.

1. thorracing1

thorracing1 New Member

I think it would be cool if you could get the sms app from the iphone and get it to work on th itouch
  2. Eli

Eli New Member

You can't unfortunatly. SMS is sent over the carrier's network and not WiFi so this is technically not possible. I do have a bookmark for free SMS messages to around the world but it's not working properly anymore.

Now if someone could develop an APP to send out using WiFi sort of like how some of the webpages out there work, that would be great but as for the SMS app being transfered over, it's a no-go
  3. kuecker_dj09

kuecker_dj09 New Member

Please post in the correct section next time. There is a category designed for app development
  4. IpodWizard

IpodWizard New Member

there's a sms app called sky sms from xwaves it sends sms tough wifi
    but you need to make an account with freecall or voipbuster
  5. isitnyu

isitnyu New Member

Sending texts through itouch

i found something online that works pretty cool.
    Go to your mail.app. Then go to the button on the bottom right which is create a new mail message. then at the To: type in 10-digit phonenumber@teleflip.com

Example:

To: 1234567891@teleflip.com
    Cc:
    Subject:

Type your message here and press send.

YOU WILL GET ALL REPLIES TO YOUR TEXT MESSAGE BACK TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR ITOUCH!!!
    When your text is received by the person you sent it to, the caller id on their phone will say the email address you sent it from or a random number like 3355, but then your email is given when they open it up.