Some of my icons disappeared

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Radioscott, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Radioscott

Radioscott New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There are a few threads about all of one's icons disappearing, but only some of mine have disappeared.

I updated several items via Rock last night:

categories
    ihulu
    kirkae
    weathericon
    apt 0.7 (apt-key)
    apt 0.7 (https method)
    apt 0.7 strict

I think I'm leaving out 1 or 2. I also installed the Push Notification and Push Mail toggles for SBSettings.

After I updated I resprung, and ended up in safe mode. The only way out of Safe Mode was uninstalling the new toggles. But then, about 75% of my icons disappeared. I checked Poof and all of the apps are listed and they are not marked as being hidden. To double check, I SSH'd into my Touch and confirmed that the apps were still there. Strangely, the apps don't show up when I search via Spotlight.

I went into Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings and that didn't help.

The only thing I can think to do next is restore and re-jailbreak.

But first I wanted to see if anybody had any other ideas.

I'm running FW 3.1.2 on a first gen Touch.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    samething happened to me, all of my app store apps disapeared after failing to restore from aptbackup. The files were still there and werent hidden. I fixed it by restoring so idk bout you.
  3. Ramsey

Ramsey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know what your problem was. You let someone use your iPod or iPhone, and they enabled restrictions (Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps[OFF]). Even if you have a password set, they can still enable restrictions. If you want to prevent this in the future, set a restrictions password, but don't add any restrictions.
  4. Radioscott

Radioscott New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good thinking but, that's not it. I checked the restrictions, and they were off.

At one point in all of this, I went into the applications tab in iTunes. I put a check mark by the ones I wanted back on my iPod and synced. The apps went back on, but I could tell that they were now on there twice thanks to Poof.

So, I've ended up restoring and re-jailbreaking.