Some of My Album Art is Black...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by token665, Sep 22, 2008.

1. token665

token665 New Member

Just happened today. Synced my iTouch this morning, was looking through Albums and noticed that some of the art was totally black. Even stuff that I actually purchased from iTunes.

Any idea how to fix this? It's driving me crazy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look under the iPod's Music preferences tab in iTunes for "Display album artwork on your iPod" and remove the check mark, then click the Apply button. Once the touch has finished resyncing check the option and apply again. iTunes should rebuild the iPod's artwork cache and resync again.
  3. JAD

JAD New Member

Neat! I didn't even know there was a preference setting for that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. tentsyrus

tentsyrus New Member

In my itune 8.0.0.35
    It does not have checking box(display album art) in music tab
    how to fix this problem???
  5. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

Do people NOT know that the Itouch does not have this setting.. this is only for older IPODS....

BTW.. I am having this same issue and I did restore to 2.1... it did nothing. My album art is not black now.. it just shows that there isn't any.. yet it shows up in ITUNES and when you move off the album, you can see it to the right or left of the current album you are on...
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well maybe a software bug wait for an update to come out
  7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restart the ipod?
  8. matt1308

matt1308 Banned

this happened to me once, all you have to do is right click on the song/songs that this is happening to and replace the current album artwork with another, maybe smaller image, then it will work fine... just search google images for another album cover
  9. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

So I kind of figured out what is happening here. I decided to delete all my music and use the Music Library for testing. I usually just copy over my MP3's right to the ipod in itunes. I then also find and copy over all my own cover art. I listen to a lot of rare metal, so most of the time, itunes doesn't have the covers anyway.

So I copied my music into the Library and copied over the cover art and then sync'ed it up. Every single album displayed just fine. I then decided to copy over one album right to the ipod and then imported the coverart. I then went into the coverflow on the ipod and almost every album was messed up somehow. Most of them wouldn't even show up at all and were just black. Some you could see as you went across, but when you got right on the Album, they were black.

I also tested this from a totally restored (non-jb) 2.1 version of the firmware downloaded straight from itunes. Same thing.

So it looks like coping your own music straight to the Ipod, 95% of the time messes up the cover art. I am hoping this will be fixed in the next release.
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

I recommend you use Thao's method. Also, if you right click on the music there should be an option to "Get Album Art". Just click on that and hopefully it should work.