iOS 3.1 Some newbie questions, my apologies folks!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JackWH, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello there,

Firstly if I could apologise for these questions. Just hoping someone could help me out here. Searching for the answers on this forum isn't the easiest with so many posts and so many questions.

I would like to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G 32GB with Blackra1n. Please could someone help me out with some answers to my questions:

1. If something goes wrong, I guess I can simply restore and it's back to the state it's in now... correct?

2. 'Uninstalling' Blackra1n will bring my iPod back to un-jailbroken? Am I correct?

3. With Blackra1n active, can I still use things like The App Store and Sync everything as I normally would with iTunes etc.?

4. I have loads of App store apps, if I update them everything will function as normal?

Basically, will any functionality be LOST? Or is it all gain here? Can I still sync with iTunes as normal etc.?

Sorry I'm such a n00b, thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Answering your questions:

1. Yes, you can simply restore it if anything will go wrong.

2. Nope, blackra1n is only to install cydia/rock/icy. After you installed 1 of them, you can delete blackra1n from your iPod Touch.

3. Yes, you can.

4. If the apps you have are on your 3.1.1 device, then you wont loose them and you can just update them like always.

it is all gain here mate, Geohot did a great job on this JB. You can sync normally with your iTunes. Everything will work fine.

Hope i helped

3. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks so much! Sorry about my newbieness, but hey, we've all gotta start somewhere. I'm jailbreaking now

Woohoo!

EDIT: no way. that was easy. so easy.