Some jailbreaking questions....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by parokyano, Mar 21, 2008.

1. parokyano

parokyano New Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    So, I've bought my ipod touch sometime around the end of December last year, just a few weeks short of the January Software Upgrade, and unfortunately I bought it at a secondary retailer, not from the Apple Store, so I can't get a refund if I purchase the $20 upgrade. I've tried jailbreaking my 1.1.3 before but it turned out to be such a nightmare (I used the manual method, the one where you downgrade to 1.1.1 and then go over to jailbreakme.com, and then download some oktoprep...), and it didn't turn out so well, the jailbreak ultimately failed, and I just lost around 10 gigs of media on my iPod.
    But here I am again planning on jailbreaking the 1.1.4, but this time I'll use ZiPhone. Just a couple of questions though...
    1. The primary reason I'm gonna jailbreak is to get the January Software upgrade for free, so how am I gonna do that? What should I do inside installer to get the upgrade?
    2. Will the upgrade in Installer include not just the apps, but the other features as well? (the wiggly icons, web clips, and lyrics support, etc.)
    3. So, if ever 1.1.5 comes out, and then I was stupid enough to update it over in iTunes, will it brick my touch? I mean, will it somehow render the media files unaccessible? ( I understand that doing so will brick my apps, but will it also affect the songs, videos, and photos?)
    4. Lastly, I just want to confirm the procedure I'm about to follow for the jailbreak....
    >I'll download the 1.1.4 firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    >then I'll shift+click the restore button in iTunes and then open the downloaded firmware
    >then I'll just open up ZiPhone and then select jailbreak touch
    Is there anything else I need to know?

Oh, and by the way, I noticed that in http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/, there are two versions of the 1.1.3 firmware, one with the code 1.1.3 4A93, and another with the code 1.1 3A101a. What's the difference?
  2. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

1:Ya ipodtouchmasters source
    2:Yupp you can get it
    3:No it wont and the next thing coming out is 2.0
    4:Just download Ziphone and press the ipod touch button in it and Bam you have it
  3. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i thought the 2.0 firmware was only for the iphone? and not the ipod touch? correct me if im wrong.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its for both.

Minimal fee for iPod Touch users.
  5. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    so there wont be a 1.1.5? and how much? is it the firmware with the app store on it?
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Considering that Firmware 2.0 is coming in 3 Months, there most likely won't be a 1.1.5 Firmware.

The price has not yet been decided on 2.0. And yes, it is the one with the App Store.
  7. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    cool thanks for clarifying some details for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. parokyano

parokyano New Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Okay, just a follow-up question to #1, how do I do that? And will it be compatible with 1.1.4? I heard some people saying that a dialog box pops up and says 1.1.3 required.... And the instructions for ZiPhone says to do a fresh restore first, is that the same as the Shift+click restore? OR must I put the ipod in recovery mode first to erase all my media files?

And what's the name of the app that allows you to customize the home screen? I mean like add a backround image?

Thanks a lot BTW.
  9. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

k want to know some stuff my videos might help you here is a link to it
    youtube.com/lazyasada