Some issues with apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by optyks, Jun 21, 2009.

1. optyks

optyks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken 2g itouch and I have been having problems with apps. Basically I tried updating a handful of apps the other month and they're all stuck with the update bars runnin on the tiles. I can't delete them and updating just never goes anywhere, therefore I can never use the apps. Also, every time I have a wifi connection it asks me for my iTunes password. If I enter it sometimes it tries unsuccessfully to update the apps. Other times it will keep askin me for the password even when I enter it over and over. If I cancel the password request it says some error and to connect with iTunes.

On other related problems, I can't delete anything through SSH anymore and iTunes won't let me connect to computers that aren't mine... A problem considering my computer is hundreds of miles away and I won't be able to use it for a couple months. What can I do about all this?
  2. MatthewT

MatthewT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried restoring it in iTunes? You'd lose all your stuff, but at least it would work correctly.
    Nevermind, I didn't notice it wouldn't let you connect to other computers. Have you used up all 5 of your authorized computers?
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I had this issue but what worked for me may not for you, I just went into the app store, exited then went and ran the app even if it had a bar, it usually ran and the bar disappeared.

May not work for you but worth a shot
  4. optyks

optyks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "Have you used up all 5 of your authorized computers?"

no, I havent even been able to get itunes (on a PC anyway) to recognize that its an iPod. It works fine with my girlfriends 160Gb iPod classic, but not my touch. It seems to think its some sort of camera... Which is very odd considering it doesnt even have one. Anyway, itunes wont register it on here, and it wasnt working on my brothers macbook either. I asked him about all this too, as he's working towards Apple Tech certification (currently an Audio engineer/technician and very good with macs (works in the tech dept at his school too)) but he doesnt have any ideas either.

I suppose once I am able to go back to my home Mac, i could try things on there and at the very worst restore it, but thats not so much a viable option for a little while.

The itunes error that comes up says "Cannot retrieve download information. Please connect with iTunes."

Going into the app store doesnt do anything. It says that like 5 or 6 apps have ready updates, and those are all the apps that dont work. I cant install the updates from the store because it says theyre already installed, and the bars say either installing or downloading.

>_>