Some icons of themes wont change

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Ch9FOD, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ch9FOD

Ch9FOD New Member

When i download themes for Summerboard, eveything is great, just that some icons like
    calculator, contacts, itunes, music, videos, photos and calendar. all of the original icons, those never change, and i've check the folder of the themes, yes, those new icons exist, but they never change, any idea why??

Update:

Ok now i know why. I was using my Ipod with Spanish language, so, my music icon was called Musica and my calendar icon was called Calendario hehe .thx guys
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Because the author of the SummerBoard theme you are using only designed customized icons to match the theme for a select amount of icons, there's so many it would take a while to change them all.
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

Make sure they are named Music.png and not Music.PNG

That's the only thing I can think of now.
  4. damuttz

damuttz New Member

remember to change permissions to 755 when using SSH
  5. Andymans

Andymans New Member

Hi, I have a similar problem to the icons not changing. The icons that dont change tend to be the ones that I have moved to the large partition of the ipods memory using Bosstool. Is it not possible to change them when you have done this.
    I have also tried with Customize to make them appear again with the eye icon so they are not hidden on the ipods first page. But this still doesnt work.
    One more question.
    I dont know how you change permissions to 755 as I connect the ipod using iphonebrowser and all you have to do with this program is to replace the file.
    Is the permissions just with FTP programs.
    Thanks
  6. steaky

steaky New Member

Im having this issue too. Weather does not want to take the updated icon. This was occuring with other themes I downloaded via Installer, prior to trying to make my own.