Some Icons Don't Theme?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by kevin1st, Jan 6, 2010.

1. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Okay so i've been enjoying my jailbroken ipod touch since christmas and almost everything has gone perfect until now. I decided to download "who wants to be a millionaire" and "vlc4iphone" off of rock. they both appeared on the springboard and launched fine. the problem is that they didn't receive custom icons. i figured i would find some on the web (which i did) and ssh them in.

First i tried placing the .png in Libary<themes<icons.theme<icons. using this method has worked with every other app i've tried it with. Of course no anvil. The icon remained the same. ive tried disabling and reenabling it in winterboard, respring and even rebooting. Again no luck.

Next i tried going into the files of the app and replacing the icon.png with the one i wanted. i re-sprung and rebooted again, still no luck. I don't know why they aren't becoming themed. if anyone was some advice or another technique i will gladly do it. also if there is a jailbreak that allows me to customize the icons easier i would love to try that out too.

thanks!
  2. R03l

R03l New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you tried to delete icon caches??
    These are in /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache and in /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache-small
    Delete everything inside and reboot your iphone, hopefully this solves your problem
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If deleting the caches doesn't work, make sure the icons are named correctly. For example if on your springboard the who wants to be a millionaire app is simple name "Millionaire" then make sure the icon is named "Milliionaire.png".
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thank you guys so much! glad i finally got that to work

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch