1. XTrigun1127X

XTrigun1127X New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So ive posted on another forum and have gotten some help but its been really slow. so if anyone could help it would be appreciated

my question is
    my ipod touch 2g is jailbroke at 2.2.1 and i want to get my ipod touch jailbroken at 3.1.2 the instructions i recieved on the other site was this

"you need to go here and get firmware [redacted] download to desktop, after done open itunes and hit shift restore and will give you pop up menu now pick that firmware you down loaded and let it do its thing then when done you will be on 3.1.2 now go to http://Blackra1n.com and download Blackrain at bottom either for windows or mac, Now plug in device open up black rain push button that says make it rain (with ipod hooked up) let it do the magic then u will have black rain drop on springboard open install cydia(other 2 suck in my opinion) then you done have fun enjoy "

When i did that this happend
    "Well this isnt cool i shift restored to the ipsw but during the "preparing ipod for restore" a window came up saying it detected new hardware ... my usb. after that it said it couldnt restore and my ipod is stuck at the screen with Itunes icon and usb chord. right now its not registering that my ipod touch is connected the computer. Also when i try to install the usb it wont work. "

i kept getting a 1604 error while restoring anyway now

so too get out of the restore screen i was instructed to hold the home and power button for 15 seconds and let go at the boot logo ... that didnt work . i then booted my ipod using Red tool and anytime i turn of my ipod and turn it back on i go back to the same screen with it telling me to connect to itunes. So now im able to restore what did i do wrong and what should i do now?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Please remove the first link.
    I think the easiest thing to do would be to open iTunes, and click upgrade.
  3. XTrigun1127X

XTrigun1127X New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That would cost money correct?
  4. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)