Some help with the iAno app pls

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by subakichan, Feb 14, 2008.

1. subakichan

subakichan New Member

hey guys,
    im having hecka problems with the iAno app. I saw it on youtube and it looks fun, but when i downloaded via Installer, theres no sound. I did see the thing about the Settings/general/soundeffects/, and i set mine on both, i tried headphones and speakers, still no sound. Then i tried to change the properties thing to 755 still no sound. I also tried doing the Reset thing, still nothing. I turned it of, then on, still no sound. I even uninstalled and installed again, still nothing. Any suggestions?? If you know a solution please reply or PM. Thanks

BTW I have 1.1.3
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Hmm... take a look at the following folder using an FTP program (if you don't have one, here, and use these settings to configure it):

/private/var/root/Media/MisterAardvark/iAno/
    /private/var/mobile/Media/MisterAardvark/iAno/

If there's files in the first folder and the second folder doesn't exist, copy the MisterAardvark folder (and it's contents) from /private/var/root/Media/ to /private/var/mobile/Media/

But before you do that, try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
  3. sniperx77

sniperx77 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried this, and it didn't work for me. Still no sound. I'm on 1.1.3 iPhone using ZiPhones jailbreak. And I did set the permissions to 755 for the directory.
  4. McJiggy91

McJiggy91 New Member

That's my problem, too No Sound. HELP
  5. excursion

excursion Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go to the settings and make SOUND EFFECTS on. either to both, speaker, or head phone. and wow it will work. it says this on the main thread too...
  6. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

For those with problems...

There seems to be the following issues, which were not picked up during the V1.0.0 beta test:-
    1) Samples are stored in the "Root" Media, and not "Mobile". Many people can run Iano on 1.1.3, but I suspect these have jailbroken in a certain way, or applied a fix that makes a symlink from root to mobile to fool the old apps. This is being fixed in the new update which will come in a few days. Your option here is to create this symlink I guess (google the forums), or wait.

2) The "Sound Effects" setting mentioned when you install is required on Touches only. If you don't have that setting then I'm sorry I don't know what you have done. Perhaps you have installed some strange "Settings" app?

3) iPhones only need to ensure they have the volume up and mute off.

4) The new version of iAno has the piano volume linked to the iphone volume, so you can turn it up. It may be that on some setups, not doing this on V1.0.0 meant the volume was too low to hear.

The new version is waiting a few additional changes, some better samples (see other thread), and also for ModMyIfone to implement a way on their repo for me to install samples to root or mobile depending on firmware.

I'm sorry that some people are having problems, and I am working to fix them. What I can tell you is that iAno was proven to work across all devices and firmwares before release, and that the fixes in the new version have worked for everyone who has tested it who previously experience the "no sound" issue.
  7. subakichan

subakichan New Member

Hey thanks everyone who helped, i finally got it working. I just followed te instructions on how to fix iphysics(i was having problems with that too) and i ended up downloading Symlink3 it fixed the var/root/ thing.
    Thanks again guys
  8. Blank

Blank New Member

Ummm... /private/var/root/Media/ is as much as i can see i cant see any mister or anything >_< please any help would be great i REALLY gota get this on my ipod

BTW its 1.1.2
  9. Blank

Blank New Member