Some help with Jailbreaking 1.1.3, please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by MMumpower, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MMumpower

MMumpower New Member

So, I did something completely stupid, I'm sure.

I updated to 1.1.3 and payed the $20 for the upgrade (stupidity on my fault, I know) but I don't see any threads about how I can jailbreak this.

All I see is downgrade and re-jailbreak, but I was wondering is there any way to get installer on here now that I've already upgraded and payed for the upgrade?
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You have to SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. MMumpower

MMumpower New Member

I checked here, but there was no mention of the $20 upgrade.

That's my main concern is whether I will have my upgrade still on there or not?
  4. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think it will, but you can always get it with AN INSTALLER APP
  5. starmatrix

starmatrix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well even if you downgrade and then re-jailbreak to 1.1.3, you will still get your apps back.. I don't think it's that tedious
  6. skynex721

skynex721 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah starmatrix is right, the only thing you can do is downgrade re-jailbreak, then get back to 1.1.3 and jailbreak that. Then you can install the apps for free. That's what I did, but I didn't pay 20 bucks. I didn't think I should have to since you get the apps for free if you waited and bought the touch recently. I don't think it's fair. The die hard fans that bought it when it first came out get screwed and have to pay the full 400, when now they are a lil cheaper and come with the apps no charge. How does that make any sense?
  7. Redshift

Redshift New Member

You need to have jailbroken 1.1.2 on your touch, then open up installer and select "Official 1.1.3 Upgrader". Make sure you have auto-lock set to never, and a stable wi-fi connection. It may take up to an hour, but it eventually gets the job done.

After that is done, it should boot into a jailbroken 1.1.3. You can then simply go to the Installer app and install a summerboard patch that fixes summerboard so third party apps work, and automatically makes the new apps appear and work without paying the 20 dollars. So if you're planning to jailbreak it, I'm afraid you just wasted 20 bucks.

Good luck.
  8. skynex721

skynex721 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I jailbroke to 1.1.3 using Rupert Gee's method from 1.1.1 and it works perfectly. I used this method because everytime I tried to jailbreak 1.1.2 I kept getting an error. When I used windows.bat it said iphuc cannot launch so I bypassed 1.1.2 and jailbroke 1.1.3
  9. MMumpower

MMumpower New Member

Thanks for the help all!

Wish I had asked before wasting the money.

I'm jailbreaking into 1.1.3 now.