some help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by myusernameasshole, Mar 23, 2009.

1. myusernameasshole

myusernameasshole New Member

i have jailbroken my ipod touch 2g....i dont have a wi connection anywhere and need to install apps and games and themes and everything to make my pod look cool

Please Register or Log in to view images

can anyone help me with how to do that from the computer via usb connection

i have just purchased the pod a couple of weeks back and have no clue how things works in it.....so plz help me

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    So you have no computer with internet?
  3. myusernameasshole

i do have internet but no wifi.....
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Ah, as far as I know you should have wifi via your iPod off your computer if you have internet. Just like if you out and about town (either on a bus or going near internet cafes/hotels/ airports) basically any business that has open internet sources. You obviously can not pick up wifi off any areas that are locked, but you should definately pick up wifi off your computer. Have you went to the wifi area on your iPod settings and tried to connect to your computer, and you will have to know your computers passcode (word). If I am wrong, I am sure that someone will explain better than I.
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if your computer has a wifi card you can use an ad-hoc network with your ipod otherwise, @The Crow, no there is no such possibility you need an internet router with wifi hardware

6. myusernameasshole

ok

well as i said i have just purchased my pod so have not used it that extensively yet...
    have not been to wi enabled place yet nor do i have a wifi card

so i guess i cant do much if i just have an internet enabled pc to install applications and games and stuff into my ipod touch
    sheeeh sad

anyway thanks for your help guys

7. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Are you on a recently made laptop with wi-fi? Or an older laptop with a wi-fi card?

If so, just set up an ad-hoc network. You didn't post any info on what type of computer you're using or what OS, so I can't post a tutorial on how to do it. If your computer DOES have wi-fi capabilities (most notebooks do), just google your OS's name with "ad-hoc." For example, "Windows Vista Ad-Hoc" or "OSX Ad-Hoc."
  8. myusernameasshole

thats the problem, i dont have a wifi card and its a desktop
    win xp
  9. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Then you'll need to find Wi-Fi elsewhere, or get a wireless router.

Routers are fairly cheap, so that shouldn't be a big deal. The $20 is worth it for all the stuff you can do with wi-fi.

Another option would be to get one of the various USB transfer programs to upload apps and files with. It would be a pain in the ass, but you could do it. Although, WinSCP with wi-fi is by far the easiest, and allows much more control.
  10. myusernameasshole

i think for the time being i can use the second option.

can u plz tell me in detail what to do so that i can transfer apps and games and all other stuff to my pod from my pc via usb

i have downloaded some games from the internet, so if things go right i think i can start the transferring and installation right now