some help on jailbreaking please!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by the goat, Apr 25, 2008.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok. as i havent jailbroken my ipod touch, im in fact a jialbreak 'noob!' so i have a few questions before i finally jailbreak my thing!!

1. is installing customize as easy as just adding two sources and installing 2 things? or do i have to do a load of preps on the pc and everything?
    2. what is this boss prefs/tool that is important to install? i think its something to do with disk space. (and are there any other vital apps that i have to install after jailbreaking?)
    3. how do i upload themes, battery icons... that ive downloaded from the pc??
    4. what is ssh?? is it the answer to q.3?? if yes, how do i get it on my pc?

edit: i watched some youtube videos and i have a few more questions about the ziphone jailbreak itself. if im on 1.1.4 (i have been since it was released) do i still have to restore to a fresh copy of 1.1.4? in the youtube videos, the guy put the iphone (i have an ipod touch) into recovery mode my turning it off and holding the home button, i swea it was to hold both home and sleep buttons when the ipod was on, and do i have to do this aswell if im already on 1.1.4? at the end, apparently, itunes detects it in recovery mode and i think it says 'click ok to restore' what do i do then??
    also, what is the best screenshot taking app? does dock mess the ipod up, because ive always wanted dock.

please reply!!

any help will be appreciated. il rep you too
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    dude you have 900 posts and dont know any of this stuff??

1)not a lot of prep, just the two things
    2)install bosstool, bsd, openssh, suid lib fix
    3)SSH
    4) wirelessly add/remove/modify your ipods files using wifi

hope i helped
    1 person likes this.
  3. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well, i finally jailbroke, with the hep of Teslanaut. i installed a few apps (bsd ad ssh were already installed with ziphone 3.0). a few hours later i saw that jailbreaking isnt woth jailbreaking. it carashes to much. and theres not that many things that i would.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you need to add sources.