Some Help For A Clueless Guy!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yo Yo Ma Holla, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Yo Yo Ma Holla

Yo Yo Ma Holla New Member

Call me an idiot but im just not that computer savy...

I JUST recently recieved an iPod Touch and besides putting music on it im lost lol

I have no idea how to connected to the internet or go on youtube, I dont have passwords to connect to these various networks, what do I do?

Also, I downloaded a free trial converted to put my dvd movies on my ipod but it says free trial in the middle of the screen lol. Where can I download a good legit version for free?

I wanna eventually do the jailbreak thing but I guess i'll take babysteps first lol

I know most of you re gonna think im an idiot but hey gimmie a break, i'll appreciate the help!
  2. linds

linds New Member

3. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Yeah, jailbreaking can be a bit intimidating.

If text on forums isn't enough, check out YouTube. It has lots of videos about jailbrekaing the iPod Touch.
  4. Yo Yo Ma Holla

I do get on ones that are not passwork protected but for some reason It still wont let me browse or be on youtube. Is it cuz the connected is crap and constantly in and out?

btw thanks for the link.
  5. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

Hey linds does that convertor convert all file types or just DVD's cz i dwnload my movies from bearshare and they r mostly avi. does this matter? thanks
  6. linds

linds New Member

I've never experienced that so I can't say for sure. It could be a number of things. The network could be using MAC address filtering or maybe you have to manually input DNS information. There are TONS of threads on this. You might find a solution to it.
  7. linds

linds New Member

Should work on most file types

"The software, developed by the creators of Videora, can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper video formats (MPEG-4, H.264) that play on the iPod."
  8. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

thanks big big ! help lol just not to sure on the first post im new to all this neva owning any apple product beofroe in my life! could you simplify that for me please? im no good with abbreviations either thanks again
  9. linds

linds New Member

I'm not sure what you're referring to. What do you need simplified?
  10. Yo Yo Ma Holla

Forgive my ignorance

once i buy a wireless router i can connect to the net from my ipod and laptop no matter where i am? is there a fee?