Some Customization Questions

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by killaxx, Mar 11, 2009.

1. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I was wondering if there were any programs out now that could edit themes on the fly, such as the old themebuilder from the 1.1 days.

A second question i had was if there are any programs such as customize that can edit text strings on the fly as well. I do not wish to change the type of font, i wish to be able to change what the string actually says. I know customize 2.2.1 just came out but it has not been uploaded onto cydia yet.

The final question i had was whether or not there is a way to make it possible to be able to select two separate backgrounds from say your wallpapers section for the lockscreen and the springboard.

Any help would be appreciated
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no and no. we have Winterboard but it does require compiling and sshing custom themes/Strings into your device. and yes with winterboard you can set different backgrounds for your springboard and lock screen. have one set by the theme you're using and another set by the iPod itself, then enable the appropriate option in winterboard.
  3. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well thank you very much, but is there a way to set both backgrounds without using a theme, like i select one from my wallpapers for the springboard and one from my wallpaper for the lockscreen.
  4. ntagiuri

ntagiuri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Customize does all that, you can get it from the website, google customize. ssh into the ipod and put it in the app folder. Mine is being weird but others ive heard are having no problems.
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Customize isn't being supported for 2.x firmwares. Use WinterBoard.
  6. ntagiuri

ntagiuri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Actually, if you googled it like i told you, you would know that it is now supported for 2.x firmware
    try and to think before posting
  7. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes i have been keeping up with customize because i used to use it a lot and know that it is available for firmware2.x, it just isn't uploaded onto any repositories yet and I did not know you could ssh it. Where is the apps folder in the iphone tree?
  8. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There are two.

Stock and jailbroken apps: /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx

App Store apps: /private/var/mobile/Applications
  9. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thank you i"ll let you know how it works out for me,

Another question i have is, is there a program that allows me to change the icons in a theme, such as themebuilder used to be able to do
  10. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you can download icon sets from cydia and activate them with winterboard. When using winterboard remember that active themes stack from top to bottom meaning the one at the top of the list will take priority and override everything below it unless that part is not present. so if you are using one theme and set an Icon set over it, it will cover only what is supplied in the icon set and then everything else that is in the theme

Please Register or Log in to view images

This, for example, will use the clear icons on the BlackRed theme. If i moved the icon set below the blackred theme the clear icons would not show unless they were for some missing from the theme and present in the icon set. Hope that makes sense.