Some complaints

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by millerjr, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millerjr

millerjr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really this is probably going to get me banned right off the bat but I don't full understand.

I will do this in the most respectful manner I know how.

I don't understand all of the attitude and backlash when some one posts in the 3G touch's forum. Every time I go there looking for news about when the jailbreak is coming or anything I get this anger in every post.

It almost makes this site, Which I was a frequenter of when I was on AT&T and had an iPhone, unappealing in every way. I mean it maybe just that section of the forum and I really haven't looked anywhere else. I feel no need to after the way some people were treated in the 3G forum.

I am not crying about it trust me I can live without this site, but there is just a unsettling amount of anger and rage that makes me not want to become an active member of this site at all...

I understand that I am one person, and maybe I am the only one that is feeling this right now, and loosing me doesn't matter that much to you. I am just saying if I see it I know there are others out there seeing it to...

Alas, I maybe alone and this maybe some way for the senior members to just pick on the newcomers. I get that I had a forum site at once. Just when it is done in the fashion I see it now it just puts this image in my head of... O what if I make a mistake and misspell Blackra1n or say something noobish.

I don't know anyone else think or have seen what I am talking about?
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ...why would this get you banned?

EDIT: Anyway, I'm not defending the actions of some users in that subforum (and others), but if you come to the forum asking for information that is widely available (such as the availability of a jailbreak), you're going to get flamed for not searching.

One subforum is not representative of the forum as a whole, and even though you "feel no need" to check out the others, you should before you make a thread saying that the entire forum acts in this way.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It's because this is largely a community of teenagers.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah! no kidding
  5. millerjr

millerjr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Makes sense.

Sorry for the assumptions... I wasn't trying to say every forum was like this, but just that one.
    I understand the flaming of people for not searching. Just not the flaming of people that are trying to help in there own way.

I posted this when I was tired last night and well... its my fault
  6. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, as a regular denizen of the 3G board, I can't say I (or many people there) have much sympathy for you. There are stickies that will help you out for a reason, not because they're pretty. There are already at least 5+ threads on jailbreaking in that subforum, and the members really don't appreciate it when you create a new one for the same reason which adds to the clutter. That's why.

That is stereotyping. I don't feel that it was warranted. And i doubt that every person the OP had a tussle with was a teenager
  7. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I think it's ridiculous how much people b*tch when they see people not searching or something like that. That's what the report button is for.
  8. gtg465x

gtg465x New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I understand how you feel millerjr. There are an unusual amount of angry posts and people getting banned on this forum. I'm actually surprised you haven't been banned for this thread yet. The ban hammer falls exceptionally easily and often around here and people are very quick to anger.

Definitely a turn off for newcomers. You can't even make a joke in here without pissing someone off and getting at least a warning. Ironically, forums that are less strict seem to have better behaving members.
  9. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Once again, someone has the misconstrued belief that making a thread like this will result in them being banned. If someone is infracted, they deserved it because they broke the rules.
  10. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Quite true. A wise man said that a nation that had few laws that were well followed was better than one with many. And no mods, I'm not looking for an "Idiot" badge or any other commendation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.