Some big Ques.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bob vansteel, Oct 13, 2007.

1. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lets get this strait.

- if i jailbreak can i acces safari
    - if i jailbreak can i connect to itunes(and actually connect like were i can put movies and songs on it)
    - does the installer app work on ipot
    - and if i cant acces itunes or safari are there solutions to these problems
    ?

big thanks to those who reply.
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Long story short, jailbreak means everything remains the same, except you can add stuff to it, and fix the calendar issue... at the expense of potentially voiding your warranty.
  3. bob vansteel

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you sure. have you tried it because iv heard reports of itunes not regonizing ipot after jailbreak and how can you acces safari after jailbreak?

oh. and does springboard and installer app work on the ipoT......
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Bob vansteel can you please edit your signature. We do not allow advertising for sites like cashcrate. Yes, I have jailbroken my iPod touch and iTunes recognizes it. As long as you follow the instructions you should be fine.

Thanks in advance and welcome to the forums.
  5. bob vansteel

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so sry dnt know that. removin it right now. and thks fr the help, so if i understand right if i ever want to update i can just restore my ipod and update right.Kinda like with ipod linux.
  6. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    in theory, yes; in practice, no one knows until Apple releases the next firmware.
  7. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Chances are, Apple will obviously patch the TIFF exploit. Once they do, there will have to be another method found to hack it, which is unlikely. What will most likely end up happening, is that someone will manage to decrypt future firmware made by Apple and using it to formulate a firmware update for jailbreaked iPods that is safe to update without bricking, but also captures all the functionality and bugfixes that the official updates have.
  8. dpople

dpople New Member

From what my programmer buddies tell me, the Tiff Buffer overflow exploit is really messy and ugly and as such, not the ideal way to gain access to the Touch's sub-systems, they think that given a few more weeks or months a much be , more stable method will be found.

But as with 99.99999999991% of all people speculating about the future of the touch... it is just speculation