Some "basic" questions about itouch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linksys88, Aug 28, 2008.

1. linksys88

linksys88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hy everybody,

I just got an ipod touch and i have some questions.

1. I have a version 1.1.3. Is it good to upgrade it? Or if a want to jailbreak i better not to?
    If i decided to jailbraik, can i jailbraik version 1.1.3? i just don't get it what is the main diference between 1.1.3 and 1.1.1 which everybody talk about.

2. If i want to add some new applications do i really need to jailbreak it or are there any specail appliocations ( besides web app.) And where can i get some new application?!? or at least see it!

Thanks for the answers
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

1) You'll want to go to 2.0.1 or 2.0.2. It's the newest version, includes the App Store so you can get professionally made apps, and is easily jailbreakable. Trust me. you don't want 1.1.3 or 1.1.1. It's not community or developmentally supported, and there are many bugs that are fixed in 2.0 and above.

2) Once you jailbreak your iPod, you will have an application called "Cydia" which installs 3rd party applications over WiFi, and that is the main way to get applications. Trust me, this is better than web apps. NES and Gameboy emulators, download YouTube videos, change the application icons and home screen wallpaer, it's great.
  3. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Note: It's not called an "iTouch". You don't call the iPod Nano the "iNano", do you?

1. Download a copy of 2.0 or 2.0.2. Proceed to use WinPwn, or QuickPwn which works easily. Just plug in your iPod Touch, Locate the Firmware File, and let it do what it has to.

2. When you JB your iPod, it comes with an app called "Cydia", which is used to download third party apps. However, 90% of the apps consist of Themes and stuff related only to the iPhone.
  4. linksys88

linksys88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do i need to buy it the last version, or can i get it somewhere. Because in my iTunes there is only buy option
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You can either buy it, or download it.

To get 2.0.2, google Felixbruns, click the first link, and find it from there. To get it on your iPod, hold shift and click the "Restore" button in itunes, and then find the firmware you downloaded.
  6. linksys88

linksys88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks!

now another stupid question?

Am i don't speak english ( it's not mine native language ) and how do i shut down am those english words which they appear when i am writting a message. ( i type a word and ipod change it with another english word )
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I understand, you mean the auto-correct when you are typing?

After you jailbreak, you can install a package that will disable this for you, but you'll need to jailbreak first

Please Register or Log in to view images

Depending on your language, I'd recommend looking at the bottom of the forums for other language forums, unless you feel that you can get along in here with us English-speakers

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. linksys88

linksys88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there is no problem about readin and writing english. that auto-correcting is very anoying
  9. mossme89

mossme89 Member

i swear to god that i will shoot the next idiot that calls their ipod an itouch, or "bricked" their ipod in recovery mode
  10. bastz

bastz New Member

I love my itouch I like calling it that. iTouch iTouch iTouch!