Some assistance please (jailbreaking 3.0)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by blazingthunder, Jun 25, 2009.

1. blazingthunder

blazingthunder New Member

I am using this tutorial to jailbreak, but I don't get some of the points. This should be easy to fix. I searched all over these forums and google, but couldn't find answers.

Did these.

These are the ones I need help with. I'm not tech-savvy, so I don't know what it means by "Extract the files." I also checked for the file in step 4, but couldn't find it. I did a search through my whole computer with windows explorer, but I couldn't find the iPod Software Updates file/folder (nevermind. I found this file online. I would prefer to use the file already in my computer, though, so any assistance here would be helpful.). I put the redsn0w file onto my desktop, but it isn't a folder. Should I put the file into the zip? There are folders in the zip, so where?

I get this bit, but I'm leaving it here, just in case.
  2. DeSkjeveRechtn

DeSkjeveRechtn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Step 3: They just mean to extract (= unzip) the .zip file of redsn0w.

Step 4: These files are standard in a hidden folder. While in an explorer window (any), choose folder options at the top and search in that menu to show all hidden folders. (on vista, press ALT first to see the folder menu bar, then go to extra, then folder options. It's on the middle tab, scroll down to hidden folder)

Step 5: this folder thing is not that important, just make a new folder on your desktop, put the redsn0w.exe file in it with the ipsw file.

Step 6: Double click redsn0w.exe. It will ask to locate the ipsw file. You have already put it in the file on your desktop, so select it.

Follow all the steps redsn0w gives you. It will work eventually. If it really doesn't, come back here for help, or try on a different pc (it didn't work on on of my pc's).

Good luck!
  3. blazingthunder

I found the IPSW file, extracted the files, ran redsn0w, followed the instructions, got to the DFU mode bit, and it said I put it into recovery mode. I looked up DFU mode, and found that redsn0w has you hold Home for too long. I tried again. Now it gets to "Connecting to server", right after I locate the IPSW and click "Next", and it closes. I don't have any other computers to do it with. Any help?
  4. iPodTouchFan6

iPodTouchFan6 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Forget everything. Download and install QuickFreedom. It's so much better!!!
  5. blazingthunder

How so?