Some apps not working - settings path corrupted?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CarlosTheTackle, Jan 29, 2008.

1. CarlosTheTackle

CarlosTheTackle New Member

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. I think it began when I moved Apps using BossTool 0.35.

Some of my Apps aren't remembering their settings between sessions, or just don't work. In particular:

MobileToDoList
    iSolitaire
    AFPd

and Terminal won't accept my login (root/alpine) and OpenSSH gives a 'Host key verification failed' notification.

In looking through the file system, I see that most of the defaut native apps are using 'var/mobile/Library' instead of the usual 'var/root/Library', and my music etc. is in 'var/mobile/Media' instead of 'var/root/Media'.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I'm fully jailbroken to 1.1.3 using the official devteam package.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think it just might be the glitches of the jailbreak
  3. CarlosTheTackle

Looking further into it, I see that installer has this info:
    "Installer (3.0b10) now works properly under the user 'mobile' provided it is setuid root and owned by root:" etc...

So is the default user on 1.1.3 now called 'mobile' instead of 'root'? If so, does anyone know how to get these apps working properly again?

Can anyone confirm that they have MobileToDoList working properly under 1.1.3 (official)?
  4. CarlosTheTackle

Has no one else had any problems with this? I've discovered that most apps in 1.1.3 are storing their setting in 'var/mobile/Library/' instead of 'var/root/Library'.

So far, the apps that have had problems remembering settings are:
    • MobileToDoList (although I fixed this by manually copying 1.1.2 settings back to 'var/root'
    • iSolitaire (not such a big deal to change settings each time)
    • iCrossword (unplayable, if you can't pick up where you left off.)
    • AFPd (GUI interface does nothing, won't turn on)