Some applications not included?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iJo, Nov 4, 2007.

1. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi, i've jailbreaked my ipod by using the method of going to http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb and for some reason i can't find the programs weather, maps,..etc. Is there different applications for different jailbreak methods or do you have to add them yourself after it is jailbreaked. I've also downloaded the zip file stuff 23-39-12 and i am not sure how to install it. Please Help.
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

you cant expect them to do everything search for ipodtouchmaster's guide to adding iphone apps
  3. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok..I looked it over and i've set up everything except i cant find the application folder where i put the weather...etc. in.
  4. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

It goes in media_sym > applications and then don't forget to set the permissions ....octal to 0755 and if you have it, tick the box that says 'set group, owner and permissions recursively'
  5. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ugh..Im at /privat/var/root and i see the folders...libary, media, touchFree. I go into media but i dont see applications..unless i way off where im not suppose to be.
  6. melefire

melefire New Member

The Applications folder in in the root directory, just like on OS X, so it would be /Applications
  7. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

and when i put the folder into applications i have to set permissions? because the apps i install manually through FileZilla crash when i start them actually..
  8. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok.. there was a root zip. file and all i did was extract it and put it back in.
  9. SitePlan

SitePlan New Member

10. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok..something that i'm doing must be wrong ecause when i replace and add the folders then manually reboot i dont see anything or in the installer. Permissions are also set at 755. I'd also read this:

Maps

1. Download iPhone Apps
    2. Install GMM.framework into /System/Library/Frameworks (only needed once, skip if already installed with Mail)
    3. Install Maps.app into /Applications
    4. SSH into your iPod and type the command: chmod a+x /Applications/Maps.app/Maps
    5. Restart iPod

MobileMail

1. Download iPhone Apps
    2. Install GMM.framework into /System/Library/Frameworks (only needed once, skip if already installed with Maps)
    3. Install MobileMail.app in the /Applications directory
    4. Install the MobileMailSettings.bundle in the /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/ directory
    5. Run the command while connected to your iTouch via SSH " chmod -R a+x /Applications/* "
    6. Restart iPod

and for those directions i don't know how to do direction no.4 on Maps and direction no.5 on MobileMail.