Some 3.0 Lag Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by bvsveera, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bvsveera

bvsveera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi. I'm sure a lot (or some) of you have downloaded the iPhone 3.0 Update for iPod Touch. This update is great, also I have discovered some issues/problems about the update.

For some reason, whenever I turn on or power off my iPod Touch 2G, it seems to take longer to do so. It will display a black/blank screen for either operation for 10 - 15 seconds, or more.

I have also noticed a problem with the Settings app. Whenever I go to Wifi, and turn Wifi on, it will say it is loading, but it never loads. I can't even go back to the Settings main menu. My only option is to restart my iPod. This has become a real pain.

Could anyone explain what is happening and/or a solution to the Settings app problem.

Greatly appreciated,

bvsveera
  2. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hmm... i did notice that the shutdown time has increased by ALOT!!!!! but i didnt have any problems with Settings.app so far... None of the ones that you had. atleast... the ones i had were caused by WinterBoard..

So ya...
  3. bound_by_da_key

bound_by_da_key New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nothing is lagging on my IPT 2G 3.0. If is it lagging, try to go to sbsettings and turn some app (or w/e they are called) off, to free some ram.
  4. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I have noticed on my 1g, that with firmware 3.0 Safari lags when opening and closing new windows, and occasionally crashes as well.
  5. bvsveera

bvsveera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sadly, my iPod Touch is not jailbroken, so I cannot shut down apps to save RAM.