Some 2G questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noisemaker, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Is it possible to download files through MobileSafari on the 2G? Is there a way to access those files and transfer them to a computer from the iPod later?
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

what type of files?

you can't.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

So there's no way to download anything? I know pictures can be saved, but what about documents and mp3s?
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Air Share "web app" ...I have it. I haven't had the time to try it.

I did look at a PDF in my Touch 2G in Safari. I don't know how another "web app" I have for the newspaper front page did it.

That is all I know about it, so far not much.

But everything has to download to a cache or a temp folder, or be there until the note, for example, is sent out in email. I emptied the cache in the "update" to Touch 2G and I "lost" my notes I had squirreled away in notepad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I'll get airshare now and mess around with it tonight. Hopefully it allows a good amount of access.

I'll also mess around with the mp3 files I'm looking at getting from 8bitcollective.org through my Touch and see what happens. If it does actually go into a temp or stash folder, there may be hope. Basically, I could go without emulators and themes if I had to on my Touch, but being able to download stuff is something that I need to have.