Solving the resetting limbo issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by red_5, Apr 6, 2009.

1. red_5

red_5 Member

It seems that a lot of people have been experiencing the problem of their iPod freezing on the boot logo, and then resetting again after about 10 minutes, but still being able to plug in and sync.

I was a victim of this issue, it drove me away from jailbreak a few weeks ago.

But now I'm back. I've rejailbroken my device and I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I've heard it can be fixed with a simple NOR-only restore, but even that is still a pain. How can we find what causes this issue and eliminate it forever?

Anyone with this issue currently want to do a NOR dump and post it for a dev to examine?
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i think its from installing too many apps without restarting in between. it hasnt happened to me for a while, because i restart my ipod after i install a couple apps
  3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That happens to me sometimes too. I just install only 5-6 apps at a time. Still working on getting them all on there. I think it has something to do with Categories.
  4. red_5

red_5 Member

I'm avoiding sbsettings and liveclock at the moment, those may have contributed to the problem.